We often need additional support for our individuals when participating in large group outings and activities (i.e., State Fair of Texas, Maverick games, Ranger games, Ringling Brothers Circus, etc.), or lend a hand at our day program for special events. We also are interested in individuals who would like to share their creative talents, such as arts and crafts, music, knitting, gardening, and sports.
Upon becoming a volunteer for Champion Services the following process will take place:
- You must complete an application upon interest
- You must also provide a copy of your social security card and driver’s license.
- A Human Resources Representative must complete the following:
1. Check references (personal & professional)
2. Check Criminal Background
3. Check Nurse Aid Registry & Employee Misconduct Registry
- You must complete New Hire Orientation & at least four hours of TORCH observation time.
If you are interested in learning more about our volunteer opportunities, fill the form below. We look forward to meeting you!
Champion Services welcomes the donations of new or gently used furniture and household items to offset the expense of furnishing and running group homes. We also enjoy the donation of electronic and computer products to meet specific needs. We also have a “Wish List” for our day program that we would love to share with you. This list includes equipment, books, and programs that help people with IDD obtain skills for successful community living.
Call our administrative office if you have an item that you think may be useful for either our day program or group home settings or, you would like to help us purchase something from our Wish List.
We are not a 501c3 organization, so donations will not be tax-deductible.